Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Never Enough

So, earlier today, I frantically texted Father Peter. I was having a moment, like so many I have had lately, of complete despair. Yet, not the O, jeeze, life stinks, what am I gonna do?" kind, more like the O, jeeze, I suck at life, my sins are  weighing me down, I'm not good enough for God"kind.

See, for the past two months I've been jamming a metric F-ton of Orthodox theology, prayer rule, and general insight into the steaming lump of gravy I once called my brain. Not to mention diving head first into practice and prayer. And I wonder why I feel guilty.

Duh! I'm a sinner! We all are! And, at this point, I have a ravenous hunger for God, and His Divine Mercy and Grace. I get to thinking chrismation can never come soon enough. But that's the thing, no? I gotta work for it. More prayer, more listening, more study.

Oh, and the point I was getting to...

So I sent a text saying as much in far fewer words. He replied that his family would pray for me tonight.

That was more than I ever could have asked for.

Love in Christ, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment